Book proposals are to books as business plans are to businesses: essential.
A book is always more than just a book. Much more. Writing a book could direct the course of your career for the rest of your life. It could lead to infinitely important connections, multiple revenue streams, spin off products, international relations. It could send more business your way. It could pay for a trip to Tahiti or just pay the rent. It could change one person’s life for the better. It could start a revolution. You need a plan.
YOUR BIG BEAUTIFUL BOOK PLAN is a digital program for people who want to get their word into the world — where it belongs.
“Putting together [my] book proposal was almost like examining my own thoughts and organizing them. I thought that even if the book didn’t get published, it was a useful exercise.”
—Tim Ferriss on writing The 4-Hour Workweek
We’ve done this over and over, for ourselves and others. And we’ve helped hundreds of writers, info-product producers, + wisdom mavens devote themselves to DONE. We’re talking life’s work, in print and on-line. Decade-long dreams, on the shelf and on e-readers. We love this stuff. And you’re going to feel the love.
If you are…* An active writer (online, offline, or in the pages of your diary) who is ready to go public, go pro, and play with your power…
* Determined to build your platform, target your ideal market + audience, and learn to pitch your gifts…
* Mystified by the process of creating a book proposal (let alone a BOOK), curious about what actually works, what’s unnecessary fluff, and how to get your proposal so strong, it’s a work of art in itself…
* On the prowl for a literary agent, ripe ‘n ready for publication…
* Stepping into this game for the sheer love of it — the way writing makes you feel, the thrill of the finished chapter…
* This close to finishing the book, but lacking that muse-powered oomph to carry you over the finish line…
* Seeking a roadmap for your book’s life cycle…
“If you’ve been putting off the writing the book you know you should be writing, this is the kick in the pants you’ve been waiting for.”
–Adam Baker | Creator, ManVsDebt.com
“YBBBP blows away all of our preconceived ideas of what it means to be an author. It is not just a how-to book manual, it’s a manifesto + live action heroes + real examples…” –Dyana Valentine | Instigator Emcee + Functional Muse
…YOUR BIG BEAUTIFUL BOOK PLAN was crafted for you.
THIS IS WHAT YOU’RE GETTING:
- Never-before-shared book proposal samples that landed six-figure advances, attracted top literary agents, and changed lives (both the authors, and their reader’s). This is your behind-the-scenes view into what grabs an agent’s attention, what captivates publishers, and the logic of a book plan that grows your career.
We’ve wrangled book proposal samples from 20+ successful book deals.
You’re going to flip for:
: The Fire Starter Sessions, Danielle’s digital program that she turned into a major publishing deal with Random House
: Generation Green, Linda’s multiple award-winning book that she co-authored with her teenage son, and sold to Simon & Schuster
: Chris Guillebeau’s $100 Start Up book — coming out in Spring of 2012 with Crown Publishers
: The Malaria Book, from Michael Bungay Stanier, which raised over $250K for End Malaria and was an Amazon bestseller
: Love Junkie, from Rachel Resnick, a memoir that Vanity Fair praised for its “staggering honesty, raw and unsparing humor…”
: Tim Ferriss’ blockbuster, The 4-Hour Body, Michael Ellsberg’s Educating Millionaires, Rhonda Britten’s Fearless Living…and more, more, more!
- THE BIG BEAUTIFUL WORKBOOK. A self- and career-inquiry process that gets to the grit of why and what you need to write, plus target audience clarification, self-promotion + pitching exercises, and a bevy of creative-hermit practices.
- Techniques to capture the content that is…your life. Because your book has already been written — in your client work, blog posts, email chains + cafe conversations. We’ll show you how to spin your “undiscovered work” into gold.
- Strategies for building your platform as your create your product.
- Empowering lessons for rolling with rejection, hearing your muse, and gathering testimonials.
- A pro’s + cons drill-down of traditional vs. self-publishing options — with been-there insights from both sides. Timely, no?
- 10 (Sexy + Thrilling) Ways To Finish The Damn Book—because writer’s block isn’t in our vocabulary, and the finish line is closer than you think.
- 8+ hours of audio + video interviews with agents and high-profile authors, including:
: Arielle Ford, former publicity powerhouse behind Deepak Chopra and author of The Soulmate Secret
: prize-winning fiction writer Sarah Selecky
: serial entrepreneur + publishing renegade Jonathan Fields
: one-woman publishing empire Lou Paget
: and a whole lot of other mavericks and tireless authors.
“Danielle LaPorte is on the leading edge of what it means to innovate in book creation and marketing.”
– Lisa DiMona | Literary Agent, Lark Productions
“The world’s most successful people are magnetized to Linda Sivertsen for a very simple reason: she brings out the best in everyone she touches.”
– Mimi Donaldson | Author of Negotiating for Dummies
WANT TO KNOW MORE? DIG IN.
Click here for the complete Table of Contents for YOUR BIG BEAUTIFUL BOOK PLAN! It’s…big.
CURIOUS ABOUT WHO WE ARE? GET CLOSER.
DANIELLE LAPORTEI write about self-realization and livelihood, and love, at DanielleLaPorte.com, which seems to be working because it’s been called “the best place on-line for kick-ass spirituality” and over a million visitors have clicked on my sermons on riding your own creative edge. I’m an inspirational speaker, former Washington D.C. think tank exec, and the authors of The Fire Starter Sessions (Random House/Crown Archetype). Go get hot.
I want to help you get strategic about your most sacred ambitions. Especially if they involve putting your most precious gifts in a book or a product — on the shelf or in a PDF.
Oh, and you’re following me on Twitter, right? And, see you on Facebook. xo
LINDA SIVERTSENI’m a book proposal doctor, author whisperer, agent connector, idea-fairy, and huge-hearted cheerleader of creativity for writers of all genres — and every gold-plated publishing dream. In addition to authoring & co-authoring eight books — including Closer Than You Think (April 2012, Conari Press), Generation Green (Simon & Schuster), Lives Charmed (HCI), and the NY Times bestseller Harmonic Wealth (Hyperion) — I help aspiring authors land 6- and 7-figure book deals at my writing retreats in Carmel-by-the-Sea.
I’m living my creative writing fantasy-life. I want to help you claim yours.
Find me online at BookMama.com (because delivering book babies is easier than the human kind!) and on Twitter at @lindasivertsen.
CLICK HERE FOR EXTENDED BIOS ON LAPORTE + SIVERTSEN